Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AIM problem

• Please log in to reply

nssnskyline2

nssnskyline2

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Alright I didn't know which thread to put this in so I just put it in this one. Please put it in the right one if its in the wrong one. Thanks.

Anyway.....

I am having a problem with AIM. I keep on getting an instant message from the aol system manager saying I am signed on under 2 locations and such. So I have changed my password a million times and I still keep on getting the same IM from the aol system manager after I changed my password. I even get this message when I am away. When that happens, I check my sn under my buddy list and it still has me listed as away with the away message I put up earlier. Before this had happened to me for the first time.... I did happen to sign under 2 locations every so often when I left my computer at school on with an away message up and I went home and signed on. But when that would happen, I would be listed as online and not away. This is not the case as I am always away. Hopefully all of this is understandable. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisements

fbspazzy

fbspazzy

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
do you log on from a cell phone? have you ever?

Axel123

Axel123

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Look instead of just leaving ur comp. at skool "away" just sign off...
This happened to me two man dont worry ur not alone!!! :tazz:

nssnskyline2

nssnskyline2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
no i have never logged on from my cell phone

this never happened when i was at school and that was when I actually signed on in 2 places. this has only happened after I moved back home from school and I haven't signed on under 2 locations since I have been home.

fbspazzy

fbspazzy

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
go to the aim website and try troubleshooting it there

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
You should first download the latest AIM as this has been a problem with earlier versions. If you have AOL sign on through there first and you should get a message saying you are connected in two different places and you can sign off from your other location. This message should also appear with AIM 5.9 and AIM Triton
Try these steps and if it doesn't work reply to this message and I will try to help you further.

nssnskyline2

nssnskyline2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
i have already updated my aim to the newest version and i still get the same message. I do not have aol. Thanks for your help

robinella

robinella

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have the exact same problem, except i know that its not because ive signed on twice. that message shows up for me because it signs me off randomly for some reason and then signs me on again and the message pops up. i have no idea to stop it though. ive actually changed computers during the time ive had this, and it STILL happens, so i have absolutely NO clue whats going on. ive scanned for viruses or anything, but nothing shows up. so, sorry! if you find out what to do, please let me know!