Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

install drivers after format?

• Please log in to reply

florika

florika

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I recently formatted my pc after having a virus and would like to know if I should install the drivers for grapchics card which is gerforce fx 5500 and I have windows xp.
If yes how should I do it?
The problem is it finds a lot of temp files, when moving windows its slow and programmes like flight simulator dont run well as they were before format.
Any suggestions?

Advertisements

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
if you want the games to run better yes. You just put in the disc that came with the card.If you don't have it go to google and search for the drivers. I am sure the manufacturers website will have it available for downloading.

florika

florika

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
ok.But I am not sure how I should install the drivers..

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
what do you mean you just put in the cd and run the install install program it's like installing any other program or game.

florika

florika

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I managed to do it finally.You were right.I tried to install it from the system preferences which was wrong....
thanks

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
does the card work now your welcome