Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't seem to open gmail inbox!

• Please log in to reply

Abram23

Abram23

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I am using firefox and have recently had trouble getting into my gmail account. The page appears to be loading then suddenly says done at the bottom of the screen, but nothing is displayed. I deleted all my cookies and temp internet files, but still nothing. I also had recently put up kerio firewall and I uninstalled it thinking it was the problem but I still can't get in. I have been trying to set up Thunderbird so I won't have this problem but the last step in setting it up requires me to go into my gmail account and enable pop in the settings but I can't get into gmail to do so. Please help. I am away from home and people probably have figured I am just dead by now.
Abram23

Advertisements

angels-high

angels-high

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi Abram23

Just a quick question, Have you changed the settings in your GMAIL account to allow POP access ? It also has configuration setting telling you how to configure your email client. :tazz:

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

the last step in setting it up requires me to go into my gmail account and enable pop in the settings but I can't get into gmail to do so.

Next time try reading before posting your reply. :tazz:

angels-high

angels-high

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Next time try reading before posting your reply. ;)

View Post

Any Ideas so ???? :tazz:

Abram23

Abram23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I am suddenly even more confused. I tried to get into my inbox from a computer at work and the same thing happened. This time I used internet explorer and at the bottom of the screen it said error on page. I am at a complete loss as to what I can try now. I have important contact info within my inbox. Please help!
Abram23

Abram23

Abram23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Today I started gmail again and suddenly it worked. I am baffled. I didn't change anything. It makes no sense to me why it would simply not work for like five days and then suddenly start working again. Anyway thanks for trying.
Abram23