Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

partitioning hard drive

• Please log in to reply

comptard

comptard

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
al rite guys.....i got anither problem

today i got all my parts installed and windows installed as well. but...... when i was installing windows xp i set it up twice so now my hard drive is partitioned into two drive one is 70 megabytes and it filled up and the other is the rest of my 80 gig drive. Is there any way to reset my drive? all help would be appriciated thx

jordan.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Someone who's more experienced with setting up XP should help you here, but I know that on my XP machines there is a "hidden" partition with system restoration files in it. If your machine boots up alright it is likely OK.

comptard

comptard

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
welll i wouldnt have a problem its just that disk c is filled up and programs im installing will not install to the other partition (d) :tazz: its just messsssed up and i dont like it ;)

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

welll i wouldnt have a problem its just that disk c is filled up and programs im installing will not install to the other partition (d)  :tazz:  its just messsssed up and i dont like it  ;)

View Post

You could try removing the second partition and see what happens, but if you really have C: that small and it's not the hidden partition, then you just may have to reformat and try again. If worse comes to worst you may have to burn the drive to zeros, put a new ntfs partion in and reformat. You may be able to download software to help you from the drive mfr. website.