Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound problem

• Please log in to reply

sez318

sez318

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a problem with my sound, All my settings are correct but when i play music its very quiet so i turn my speakers up and no change. all i can hear is static noise and the music quietly. i thought the wires might have a break but i tryed headphones and i still have the same problem.
Does anyone have any ideas? All help appreciated.

Sarah

Advertisements

lionelhutz5

lionelhutz5

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Are you using a specific sound card? Or the Integrated Sound from your computer? Is the controller SoundMAx Digital Audio?

sez318

sez318

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
SoundMAX digital integrated audio

lionelhutz5

lionelhutz5

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Is your wave volume very low? As even if you turn up your speakers, they may get a little louder but a negligible difference. Can you see what levels the volume and wave are at?

sez318

sez318

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Both the volume and Wave volume are at the highest they can be.

lionelhutz5

lionelhutz5

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Do you have a sound card where you can try and install and see if anyhting is different? You are right when it is stragne as there is no loose wires or faulty speakers as it is same with the headphones. But I did find this: (I do not know how closely related to your situation is, but it is worth a try)

http://www.geekstogo...61

Peace,
Jared