Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

spoolsv.exe

• Please log in to reply

theiloth

theiloth

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
My computer is not detecting any printer, when i try to add a printer an error message pops up saying : "Operation could not be completed". i tried running services.msc before and i changed it to spoolsv.exe to "start" but this did not help. I ran spoolsv.exe itself, and then went to add printer etc. an the following error happened : "Spooler Subsystem App has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconveniance"
The tech. info said :C:\DOCUME~1\Theiloth\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER300.tmp.dir00\spoolsv.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Theiloth\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER300.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt

The error signature was:
szAppName : spoolsv.exe szAppVer : 5.1.2600.0 szModName : kernel32.dll
szModVer : 5.1.2600.0 offset : 000178da

Is there any thing i can do to fix this?

Advertisements

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
Welcome to GTG theiloth <_<

Make sure Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service is running as well. Did you load the drivers for the printer as well (should of came on a cd with the printer).

theiloth

theiloth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Welcome to GTG theiloth <_<

Make sure Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service is running as well. Did you load the drivers for the printer as well (should of came on a cd with the printer).

View Post

Remote procedure call is running, ill try the driver, the printer has been working okay for about a year btw.

theiloth

theiloth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
it seems to work fine after installing the driver again. Thankyou. I did try and install the driver again before but it couldn't detect the printer ever. Hopefully i won't do anything to screw this up