Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with Phantasy Star Online

• Please log in to reply

Anbo

Anbo

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hey, I just downloaded the Phantasy Star Online (I know, old) trial and it boots up fine and everything. But, when I go to start the game, I get this error message:

Cannot connect to server. You ISP settings need to be configured or whatever.

I think the problem is that my LAN is f'ed up. When I click repair, it cant clear the ARP cache. I hate comcast.

PLEASE HELP!

Also, the readme says this:

3g. Online Mode Problems

The game fails to connect to the PHANTASY STAR ONLINE server after selecting "ONLINE GAME" from the main menu :

The Network Trial Edition of Phantasy Star Online has a limit on
1) the time(s) at which players can connect to the game server(s)
and
2) the maximum number of players that can connect to a game server.

Thus, depending on
1') the time at which players attempt to connect to the game server(s)
and
2') the current traffic on the game server(s),
as well as
3') the current traffic on the Internet,
players may experience difficulties in or be unable to connect to the game server(s).

You experience sudden in-game slowdowns or connection failures :

(on a LAN connection)
Your network settings may need adjustment, or your LAN connection may be experiencing problems. Please contact your network administrator.

(on a Dial-Up connection)
Your ISP (Internet Service Provider)'s connection may be experiencing problems (often due to high traffic). Please attempt to connect to the server again.

Note : The PHANTASY STAR ONLINE server itself may be experiencing a high level of traffic, possibly causing problems with your connection.

Some ISPs (Internet Service Providers) may not support connection to the PSO servers. Please contact your ISP for details.

Please help if you can

-Anbo-

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Phantasy star was made for the dreamcast and they haven't had servers up for a long time.

starjax