Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem removing programme

• Please log in to reply

header

header

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
i am trying to remove a game from my pc.i go to remove program and when i try to remove it it says"unable to locate installation log file"program file superbike.....etc installation will not continue.it tries to use uninsatllshiel but it wont come up.Thamk you for help

Advertisements

header

header

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I tried to install the gane again but it keeps saying for me to insatll it again everytime i want to play it.it also said something about not being able to uninstall it

Pollik

Pollik

• Pip
  • 2 posts
FWIW, I have the same problem trying to uninstall WinCDG PPro

Pollik

matt_fleming

matt_fleming

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Manually delete the folders, and then remove their registry keys from the registry. Only touch the registry if you know what your doing. Let me know how it works out.

-Matt

Pollik

Pollik

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Yes, that is what I decided to do. I removed some of the registry entries (when I could clearly identify the application), but I am betting I have left some muddy footprints there.

Any file associations that I missed will get overwritten by another application, if they are ones that I use.

Many thank for your reply. :tazz:

Pollik

matt_fleming

matt_fleming

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Happy to.

-Matt

header

header

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Manually delete the folders, and then remove their registry keys from the registry.  Only touch the registry if you know what your doing.  Let me know how it works out.

-Matt

View Post

how do i manually delete the folders?Thank you.

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
Reinstall the game(s) and then remove them. You will then be able to delete them in one click from add/remove programs.

header

header

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Reinstall the game(s) and then remove them. You will then be able to delete them in one click from add/remove programs.

View Post

when i try to reinstall it it says uninstall shield failed to initiaise.i also cant play the game.it is an original but in my control panel it is as if its installed.I was wondering if i need a new uninstall program.everythim i try to install the gam it says installshield engine has encountered a problem and needs to close.Thank you.

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
Perhaps a long shot....what about installing and then uninstalling in safe mode....

header

header

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Perhaps a long shot....what about installing and then uninstalling in safe mode....

View Post

i tried that but it still wont happen