Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

bad internet

• Please log in to reply

jellesi

jellesi

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hello i was playing on some poker site and my connection suddenly stops and continues they told me something about lost packets im not sure what that is there a way to fix this ty

Advertisements

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Alot of those poker online sites experience server overload, due to extremely high usage. If you were playing for "play" money, pacificpoker.com isn't to bad of a site.

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
He's right. Free online game sites experience an overload very easily. I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. :tazz:

jellesi

jellesi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
well this just happend to me always work good i think it might be computer probelms but i dont know where to start at

jellesi

jellesi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
the isp told me my connection was good fast and no problems dont know whats wrong that site is working good because other players dont have this problem i check the connection and it looks like i cant get a stable connection.maybe my data cant get in or somehting like that i have no idea

Edited by jellesi, 05 July 2005 - 07:56 PM.

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Wow. It could simply be a temporary internal error. Try again in a few days.

phybyr0ptyk

phybyr0ptyk

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
If you think the problem maybe a piece of malware on your machine Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and post your log as a new topic in the Hijack This forum. It will get a better response there from the people most qualified to analyze logs.

Most of what Hijack This lists lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

cnmsales

cnmsales

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
It sounds to me like this poker site said you were dropping packets. First off are you having problems with any other sites? If so then this might be an issue, if not then they were just feeding you a bunch of bull.

If you are having problems with other sites and you want to determine if you are dropping packets please go to start>run> type in the word command and hit enter. You will then have a black dos prompt. You now need to type in ping -t www.yahoo.com and hit enter. Let this run for a good 3 or 4 minutes then hit cntrl+c this will stop the tes. You will see results for packets sent x recieved x lost x. If you are on highspeed and are dropping any packstes then you need to contact your ISP back and let them know this. If you are on dial up then it is more common to drop some packets but not alot.

I agree though it does sound like the site you are playing on is experiencing overload.