Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can anyone reccomend me a good, cheap digital cam?

• Please log in to reply

Deven

Deven

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
Hey there,

I was wondering if anyone here could suggest me a somewhat good digital camera that's probably $150 max? All I need it to do is take decent quality pictures and have the ability to easily upload to the computer with USB 1.1 (don't have 2.0)

Anyone could help out, I'd appreciate it!

Advertisements

cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Well I would go to ebay and get a olympus camera. They have the stylus verve which goes for like 150 max and its small but packs a 1.8in screen and 4.0mp. I want to get it maybe. It has good reviews here:
http://www.epinions.com

I now use a olympus d-535 with 3.2mp. Its also a good cheap camera!

Hope this helps some!

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
I LOVE my new camera!! I am a "digi cam n00bie" so I didn't want to spend much at first. I recently bought a Kodak EasyShare CX7300 from WalMart for $89.00. It is 3.2 MegaPixels. Has 3x zoom, auto and night settings, the little "window" to view your pics on before and after you take them, tripod capabilites, and a self-timer. This little camera takes BEAUTIFUL pictures. I DID buy a 128MB memory card for it for about $30 as well. The card holds around 160 pics at a time.

For an example, I took this picture and this one both from a moving car tonight, b/c the sky was so gorgeous. I LOVE the way this camera captured the sky, "darkened" out the trees and stuff, and shows such great detail on the way the sunbeams were coming down out of the clouds. :tazz: