Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen, Windows Error

• Please log in to reply

kayseet

kayseet

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
This is from my post in the Malware/virus forum. They suggested I post in this forum in order to try to fix my computer.

Thanks in Advance for any help!

Ok- I ran the VXD_fix and it is running a little bit better. It is now lasting longer before I getthe blue screen. The lasttime I got it it was this error:

FATAL EXCEPTION OE HAS OCCUURED AT 0028:FF03FD21. PROGRAM WILL BE TERMINATED.

I hit enter and it brings me back to my desktop, but I lose my internet connection and it shows that it is still connected.

I then get the screen again and it freezes up completely.

Thanks!

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Are you running any anti-virus programs? If you are, try disabling to see if it helps. Yes, I know you don't want to disable your antivirus (if you are running one), but some VXD errors are caused by conflicts with antivirus programs... especially where internet connections are concerned.

good luck,
makai

kayseet

kayseet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I am running the AVG anti-virus program. I am at work now, so I will try it later this evening.

Funny, cause I was thinking that it did seem to cause problems when it does the automatic update when I first log in.

I'll let you know.

Thanks!