Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bizarre Incident With My Router

• Please log in to reply

Anbo

Anbo

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Ok, it's storming here in Pittsburgh and my power went out temporarily. It all booted up like about a half hour ago. But, my router's WLAN little light isn't on, i can't access the router settings, but it's all connected. The POWER light is blinking, port 2's (my computer is in port 2) blinking, and internet is blinking like normal. So basically, my router is not configurable and is not giving off wireless a/b/g. But, it's still switching and as if it were fine. And, my computer says my LAN IP is XX.X.XXX.XX (hiding it for security) which is the IP address from my modem. My IP would be like 192.168.1.XXX if the router were connected.

This is weird, but cool!

-Anbo-

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
try reconfigering the router to see if that helps. to do so type 192.168.0.1 into internet exploer and when the screen comes up type you passward (by defalt "admin" and change the setting as needed. I am presuming you have D-Link because of the 192.168.0.1 is what D-link use. and as for the hiding you IP adress it dose nothing because it can only be used on your net work (there is a chance that it is the same as mine).

Anbo

Anbo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Well, after the power went out here everything came half on for a bit, and I guess the router stayed that way until i unplugged it. When I plugged it back in, the WLAN came back on.

Thanks though.