Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dream machines.

• Please log in to reply

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Right as we got the last thread closed (sorry guy with funny name) i made this one as suggested. All geeks like to imagine what they would build if money was no object.
So lets all put in what we would really want, and we can bash and comment on each others dream machines and maybe if one of us win the lottery or some other event they can build the greatest PC known to man.

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
This is a copy of what I said on the other topic which you couldn't respond to because it was closed.

To warriorscot

you should spend 11000 just on speakers

For my room size, the Creative speakers would be more than adequate.

You can also get 15000 rpms too

I would like to see a link.

30 inch monitor has 4 times more response time and the same res hardly desirable the best you can buy is viewsonic 4ms or the sony xblack range

Can I have a link to the 4ms monitor (none of this is because I don't believe you, but because I would like to buy it!)

the THX and Dolby engineered ones

See here . As you will see, this card is both THX and Dolby engineered...

That intel processor

I would like to see a link to a review in which my EXACT processor was "wupped" by an AMD. Just because the high-end AMDs can best the low-end Intels doesnt mean AMD is better.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Meant a 19inch monitor was typing quickly. The viewsonic one. In fact every review that benchmarks intel versus AMD i have still to read one where they say Intel is better, they only have an edge when it comes to high end multimedia applications which allow hyperthreading.
THX and Dolby make there own stuff creative make cheap copies, 15000 rpm s are the new cheatah drives from Seagate. This is dream machines adequate is not an option you want nothing less than uber.

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
if we are talking dream machines then i would build my in a fridge and keep it at sub-zero temps so I can overclock like mad crazy.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Get a Antec p180 mini fridge heavon. Although keeping a PC in a small freezer would be doable all you would have to do was to have something to extract and water and protect the components from moisture. Or you could canibilise alot of the components from a freezer and fit them to a hand built case. I have always thought it would be a good idea to keep the motherboard cooled all across the back and a cooler from a fridge would fit nicely.

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
haha if you really want to get crazy you could rig up a way to cool it using liquid nitrogen that would keep it pretty cool.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Can you just imagine the running costs, oh my truly a prolific thing for a dream. Mind you it might also mean some lost fingers so probably not an option i would like to try outside an industrial setting.

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
just use really thick gloves

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah i can just imagine having to put on arctic gear to change the CD in the drive.

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Oh i have the perfect monitor but you can only use it for about 1000 hours but those hours would be good ones. It is an 80inch OLED screen it is supposed to be 1000 more times responsive than a normal LCD. That would be some serious gaming.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
That would be good if oled screens had the colours right in them yet, they are working on it though. When they are fixed and released it will be really good they are cheaper and easier to make than LCDs as well so they should be affordable as well.

Although i qouldnt mind one of those 80 odd inch plasmas i the meantime to back up a nice pair of 4ms 19inch lcds.

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
yea those would work just fine too.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
as far as the freezer cooling unit...i actually have some plans for one of those....basically you can get a mini fridge and cut the back part off and stack it on the side of your box. this would create a 2 inch refrigerated chamber between your case and the fridge innards...you could put an exhaust fan from the case into the fridge copartment then one from the fridge to the case.. and close all other holes on the machine...this would not only keep all the dust out but it would be nice and chilly in there.

desca

desca

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
we could put the monitor in the case.

tenbroya

tenbroya

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
If i was going to have a Dream system it would be cooled by Liquid Nitrogen less than - 150 degrees C. Thats uber-insane, For massive overclocking of the dual-fx-57s if thats possible

Tenbroya