Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hotmail won'tlet me in

• Please log in to reply

IamDusty

IamDusty

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi! ;)

I saw a forum topic for this, but the situation kinda fixed itself for them, so there were no answers.

I can't log in to hotmail because I keep getting the "maytch the characters" screen (thirty times now). I have tried various computers as I am at an internet cafe, and I normally *can* get to my hotmail from any of these computers.

grr!! :tazz:

I have tried everything I can think of (matching the characters, listening to some automated girl recite the numbers from the hotmail website, asking for help from someone @ Microsoft), all to no avail.

Has anyone ever beaten this problem (other than by luck)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really need to graduate from hotmail (soon I guess), but at the moment everything I have (email-wise) is on that stupid site - and it won't let me in.

I am feeling a bit masochistic at the moment. I think will try to log in again.

;)

Advertisements

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Try turning Caps Lock off. Sometimes one has difficulty logging into any website if it's on.

worldpiece

worldpiece

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: (REDITED)I have had a run in with "match the characters" screen, it appears to have hijacked my parents hotmail account (independant of the computer)
I am wrong about the malware being independant of my parents computer, it has infected a new hotmail account that I made in my clean computer, when my parents accessed it "match the characters" came up.
I have read that the address "hipservice.passport.net" is okay. I am dubious though, I don't see it come up when I access hotmail.

OLD MESSAGE-I have accessed their account and my account to find out if my computer is infected or my account is infected. It is just my parents account, I have not let page fully load.

So now I think there is redirection going on with hotmail in my Parents computer.

OLD MESSAGE-So it can not be a case of clearing malware within the computer if I can access my parents email and recieve the same problem when I did not have it before. The malware is attached to the account. My account is still fine.

I don't know what to do with myself

Worldpiece

Edited by worldpiece, 17 October 2005 - 03:22 AM.