Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard Drive not being Recognized?

• Please log in to reply

shantas

shantas

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've been building a computer for the past four days, and I finished today. I flipped the switch and it booted nicely, but I ran into a problem.

So, I have this hard drive, Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 ST3250823AS 250GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive.

I've connected it to a SOLTEK SL-K890Pro-939 Socket 939 VIA K8T890 ATX AMD Motherboard.

The problem Im having, is Windows Setup will start (a plus, means most of the system is working), but in the end it says that the Hard Drive can not be found.

And then each time after that, to avoid hanging at the Verifying DMI Pool Data, I need to clear CMOS so I can go back to the set up screen, only to have the system not be able to detect the hard drive again.

What can I do? Im out of ideas.

Advertisements

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
Is you HD master or is it slaved? Put it on master and see if no pins on your data cables are bent or missing.

Emery

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Has it got past the bit for installing third party scsi and raid drivers. You need to install the raid drivers even if you havent got a raid array they are for SATA HDs as well. And make sure you have the drive in the SINGLE sata drive port and not the raid ones otherwise it doesnt work.