Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

please please help me. seriously.

• Please log in to reply

kulka

kulka

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok, so i was online and i noticed this program running (in my task manager) called "d1/2dplay.exe". it took a lot of memory and i tried blocking it with my ZoneAlarm (which is crap) and now i found in C:/WINNT/System32 there are a group of DP.... files. i tried deleting them, but they keep coming back and this problem wont go away. any suggestions on what to do? every time i open the internet explorer d1/2dplay opens. it is driving me crazy. please help....
-tiffany

Advertisements

jabulani_jonny

jabulani_jonny

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
You need to go here and do this. Your issue is malware/spyware related. Follow the steps exactly and you should be fine.

Malware/Spyware Removal

kulka

kulka

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thank you soooooo much!
-tiff

gtippery

gtippery

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

ok, so i was online and i noticed this program running (in my task manager) called "d1/2dplay.exe". it took a lot of memory and i tried blocking it with my ZoneAlarm (which is crap) ...

View Post

Be aware that firewalls in general, and ZoneAlarm in particular, are not intended to block, prevent, or remove viruses, trojans, or spyware, which typically ride into your computer in a file you deliberately loaded (including emails and web pages). Firewalls block intrusions, people or programs trying to break into your machine from another computer without any action on your part. ZA will attempt to stop any active malware from getting a connection outward from your computer.