Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Tricked Out Computer Case

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

I'm ready to start building another PC. These days, I love seeing how case mods are used. Computer cases are now a reflection of ones own self, a piece of art within the home, and a statement of computing greatness.

While searching online for case mods, I keep finding the same cases (which aren't that great by the way) at each site. I'm wondering if any of you know where I can find a gallery of some really unique computer cases? I had one I wanted to show you all as an example, but this company seems to be having trouble with their site right now. The company is Tekido. You can try this link and see if their site is back up and running.

They have one case that is yellow with red pain splattered on the sides (resembling blood) and a "Caution" tape draped around the corners. Now, this isn't exactly a case I'd get away with at my house, but that's the idea I'm looking for. I'm looking for something really unique. I mean really now, how many of you have a PC with blood splattered across the sides?

I'm really new into the world of mods, but am ready to learn. If any of you have a link to a site with some really cool cases, I'd love for you to post them here.

If it helps, I like Theme Parks (Roller Coasters and such), Aliens, and Disney stuff.

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Edited by magusbuckley, 07 July 2005 - 04:14 AM.

Advertisements

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
http://www.newegg.co...p?SubCategory=7

Have fun :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i say just make your own. it's not that hard to make a lexan case and you can paint it from the inside so as to eliminate the issues of scratching your design up....plus it's always more gratifying when you make your own

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
Look on tigerdirect.com or just google ATX cases

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
COOLEST CASE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

I love mine *hugs case* :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Personally im not a fun of cases like that they seem a but garrish to me, but a case is personal to the person.
One option is to get yourself a un modded plain case either cheap or one like an akasa or coolermaster that is allready good for features and then add mods yourself.
Or search forever and spend a great deal of money on a premod case, I use a super lanboy it was cheap enough that i wont be to put off modding it but expensive enough to come with really good features.

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
The Antec Super Lanboy was what I had before my NZXT.I take my pc to alot of lanparties and the Lanboy literally started to fall apart ;)

If you took the door off the whole case it would sag out off square...I had to adjust the case just to get the door to fit back on :tazz:

Sold it for 50 bucks including the psu ;)

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Really im loving it, and the door seems fine to me.

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
case modding has become rather insane in some respects. I have seen some crazy stuff out there, but one of my favorites involved cutting a hole in the side door, stripping down an LCD monitor, and mounting that in the side. guy carries 1 box into the lan party, plugs it in and is good to go. his wallpaper was an image of the inside of his case, so it looked like it was just your average window case at a glance.
cant find the article right now or I would have linked it...

Egorn

Egorn

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
If you after a good case

check out xoxide site:

http://www.xoxide.com/tttsunami1.html

Ive got thermaltake VA3000 Dream tsunami, and its great looking, with a heck of a lot of praticality.Keeps it real cool, and is more subtle thana lot of the other 'lairy' cases. :tazz: