Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i LIKED THAT AD-AWARE FORUM(SORRY ITS GONE)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

JONPAULONLINE

JONPAULONLINE

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
AD-AWARE Forum was going great.
i wonder why you changed it to read only old postings?

Bob
Robert

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hello! I understand your concern, but we honestly had no choice to change the Lavasoft forum over to a "read-only". Most of the members of Team Lavasoft have gone to other forums and/or spread out and split themselves up. There were not enough people left to properly devote to the multitude of topics being posted there. The Staff Members and Moderators here did a great job learning about AdAware and they made a huge effort to keep that forum going. However, it was a losing battle. The Administration decided that it was hurting our members more than we were helping them, as they had to wait a long time for qualified help, etc.
I hope this won't change your mind about our wonderful site. We have a great Team here, and a lot of awesome information and help!

JONPAULONLINE

JONPAULONLINE

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Thank you for the fast reply and explanation

I now understand

Mastersof1337ness

Mastersof1337ness

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Most of the members of Team Lavasoft have gone to other forums and/or spread out and split themselves up

Its seems Team Lavasoft have not split themselves up. They have just opened a new forum.

I read it from here!

Subratam.org

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
You can find a list of forums offering Ad-aware support here.

GeneralAres

GeneralAres

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Hello! I understand your concern, but we honestly had no choice to change the Lavasoft forum over to a "read-only". Most of the members of Team Lavasoft have gone to other forums and/or spread out and split themselves up. There were not enough people left to properly devote to the multitude of topics being posted there. The Staff Members and Moderators here did a great job learning about AdAware and they made a huge effort to keep that forum going. However, it was a losing battle. The Administration decided that it was hurting our members more than we were helping them, as they had to wait a long time for qualified help, etc.

This or something similiar needs to be added to the top of those forums, so people understand what is going on.