Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hardware Installation

• Please log in to reply

Khadijahmalik

Khadijahmalik

• Pip
  • 9 posts
:tazz: wow am I getting ticked off at this computer!!!!! every day my computer does its normal download of my McAfee security update (has been doing very well for past 2 years) but all of a sudden computer downloads everything from McAfee except for my virus protection! (everything is on * firewall=on/update=on/virus protection=off!! everytime I get {Hardware Installation=has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatability with Windows XP} what is going on?

Advertisements

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
what have you installed recently?
That shouldn't stop you download updates.

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Mcafee is a rubbish antivirus i would say Panda Titanium antivirus 2005 is the best :tazz:

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
it doesn't matter what you use, i have tried all kind of antivirus software, they all have something good and bad about them. You will just have to componsate.

Khadijahmalik

Khadijahmalik

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

what have you installed recently?
That shouldn't stop you download updates.

View Post

I have not installed anything that I know of, here lately don't get to computer very much do to working to pay for all this high [bleep] stuff!!!!! :tazz:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
maybe your av signature file subscription expired?

Khadijahmalik

Khadijahmalik

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

maybe your av signature file subscription expired?

View Post

It is automatic with AOL and I talked to them (thought the same thing myself) was told will not expire> then again what the heck is av signature? *don't forget talking to pure country girl*

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
it is the data definition file that tells you av program what is a virus and what is not...i don't get the hardware notice on a software update...sounds odd.

start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your problem...list them here.[/code]

Khadijahmalik

Khadijahmalik

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

it is the data definition file that tells you av program what is a virus and what is not...i don't get the hardware notice on a software update...sounds odd.

start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your problem...list them here.[/code]

View Post

wow I have alot!!!!! :tazz:
under applications//(1)Loadperf>>(2)Application hang>>(3)winmgmt>>(4)misinstaller
under systems//(1)error=the UPS service is not configered correctly>>(2)Human Interface Device Access service terminated=specified module could not be found!>>(3)Application mangement:module not found>>(4)Netlogon;computer configured as a workgroup not as domain>>(4)DCOM=this computer cannot be started in safe mode>>(5)service control management=boot-start or systems-start drivers failed to load>>(6)IPSEC services=(1)device attached to the system is not functioning>>(2)TCP/IP NetBios helper=AFD networking not found>>(3)DNS Client=TCP/IP Protocol Driver not found>>(4)DHCP Client=NetBT not found
told you it was alot!!! hehehe

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Greetings! :tazz:

I don't recommend Mcafee, it's garbage. Try this link for much, much better protection - FREE!

AVG AntiVirus

Khadijahmalik

Khadijahmalik

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Greetings!  :tazz:

I don't recommend Mcafee, it's garbage. Try this link for much, much better protection - FREE!

AVG AntiVirus

View Post

;) ok now I have my antivirus up to date thank you very much! I am taking you on your word , have downloaded AVG this better be good or when this computer kills me I am going to come haunt you hehehehe

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
it's good, don't worry. tell me, what do you think of AVG? give me some feedback please, good or bad.

nost

nost

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
www.noadware.com brilliant virus deleter try it and let m know how you go on