Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ASUS motherboard problem?

• Please log in to reply

code3x

code3x

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there, I was reffered here by my friend after we were both stumped by my problem..

I've just put together a system using an ASUS A8N-Sli Deluxe motherboard. When turned on, the POST gives a single short beep, and then the ASUS splash screen is displayed, with the "Press Del to enter setup" message. However, pressing del does nothing most of the time, but after a few reboots pressing del will change the message to "entering setup", when the computer just sits there and does nothing.

I've tried running it with just a keyboard, one stick of RAM, the CPU and the graphics card, with the same result. I've also tried 3 different keyboards.

It seems to me that the motherboard is just broken. Anything else I could try?

Thanks.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
disconnect the harddrive(s) and cd-rom(s) drive for a moment--will you enter into setup?

code3x

code3x

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

disconnect the harddrive(s) and cd-rom(s) drive for a moment--will you enter into setup?

View Post

I had already tried that. However, somehow I managed to fix the problem simply by swapping some of the RAM around. This is pretty strange, since I checked I had inserted the RAM correctly no less than 5 times!

Ah well.