Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

unwanted cd burner disconnection

• Please log in to reply

FeelingMinnesota

FeelingMinnesota

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Good morning.
My notebook keeps shutting down my burner every time I move it.
I have a IBM Thinkpad T20 that came with a dvd disk drive. I got a, I believe the brand is, Mic UFDA330 cd burner. I didn't come with the full mounting hardware so I had to take it off the original dvd drive. Everything has been working fine for the past 5 months but in the past week every time I move my comp from my lap to a table I get the "it is now safe to disconnect device" and I don't have access to the cd burner. Usually it reloads when I pop it out and back in but 3 min ago that wasn't working. No I havne't restarted the comp and I"m sure the drive will show up then.

Why might this be happening? Is it just a cheap cruddy burner that's now starting to fall apart? :tazz:

my OS is Win2000 if that matters.

Advertisements