Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer Crashes Constantly

• Please log in to reply

rainermaria

rainermaria

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello.

My IE is constantly crashing and sends me to a Microsoft Page that explains how I could possibly solved the problem by monitoring my IE Add-Ons. However, this is not the problem.

I also was dealt the wininet.dll spyware virus today as well, and I believe that my removal of this may have led to my problem. Perhaps I removed it incorrectly, or my antivirus program did so incorrectly.

Regardless, do you all have any suggestions or solutions? :tazz:

Thank you in advance your time and consideration.

best,
M

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
i suspect an incomplete removal---if you care to show a hijack log (see sig) I can direct you to where appropriate

rainermaria

rainermaria

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thank you.

Well, I re-downloaded winit.dll from http://www.dll-files...s.shtml?wininet

and replaced it in System 32. Now I am not having the IE crash problem, and Trend Micro indicates that I am virus free.

Any thoughts on this? Is this winit.dll a virus? or did this file somehow become infected?

Thanks again for your help,
M

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
wininet.dll is a windows file, winit.dll is part of coolwebsearch parasite.