Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COD Crash

• Please log in to reply

Vision

Vision

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
Ok I have COD and I go to join a server right and play n kill other ppl when its finnaly over and starts to load the next map It suddenly crashes, if it doesnot crash during that time it would crash in the third map just when i get in n start to play. I think it sbecuase of my gay computer with such a low ram? I have 256 MB Single Channel Ram and COD specs. are 128 mb so I think its the Ram.. Idk get back to me on this thanx

Advertisements

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
What Internet Connection you on?

Vision

Vision

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
I have Road Runner

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
ok wht speed

1MB
2MB
3MB
4MB
5MB

Vision

Vision

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
idk how can if find out?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
your speed of your connection shouldn't matter unless your on dialup.

when it crashes does it crash to desktop, just it lockup? Or is Punkbuster kicking you for lost packets, failure to authenticate? oh and is this the only server it happens on?

Vision

Vision

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
no it just is loading the map n stops n exits me out of the whole thing!! ugh it gets me mad

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok, its a long process, but one that needs to be done.

first uninstall the game completely. delete the install folder and empty your recylce bin.
reboot the pc. next uninstall your video drivers, reboot and update your video driver. you may have to use drivercleaner.net to help you remove all of the drivers.

also make sure your sound drivers are updated.

now after one last reboot you can install the game. install cod. then patch to 1.5. install codup and patch 1.51.

reboot and see how it works.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I will also add that I have had these issues in the past and thats what I had to do to get around them. I also replaced my router and power supply in my pc. I still had latency issues and the occasional crash. Turns out that I had a weak signal coming in on the cable. They replaced a bunch of stuff in the junction box to fix my issues. Haven't had any problems since.