Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New account issues

• Please log in to reply

bejitunksu

bejitunksu

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I recently made a new admin account for my computer but when I tried to log onto it it gave me an error message saying it would have to log me on as the default user and I haven't been able to do much since.

I log on normally but I can't change the backround at all, it won't even display the picture I apply. I can change the items on my desktop but settings like the start menu's configuration (I.e. Classic style or Windows XP style) reset every time I log on.

The theme is also a bit wonky, the stuff that's normally light gray is now dark gray and the minimize, maximize, and close buttons are a quarter of their normal size.

Is there any way I could fix this?

Advertisements

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Welcome to G2G! Thanks for your post!

Have you tried looking at your computer's settings? It could have gone haywire in some sort of way.

By the way, if you suspect malware on your system please go here!

Good luck! :tazz:

Werner

bejitunksu

bejitunksu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
What sort of way could my settings have gone haywire?

I've tried my best to fix most of the problems to no avail but the main one is most of the settings reset after logging out and logging back in.

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Please wait for a Computer Tech to come by and read your post. :tazz:

Good luck

werner