Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Display properties won't save

• Please log in to reply

Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I was doing maintenance a couple of days ago. We had to go out so I quit the program before it was done and shut the computer down. When I start the machine now my Display Properties settings are on less I increase them to 1028 by 768 and apply but when I restart the machine it is back to less. They tell me I have to pay Microsoft $50.00 for software to fixit. I have tried Restore but that wont work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Advertisements

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Make sure you select APPLY to apply the new settings. Otherwise, it will just be at it's previous state after rebooting. :tazz:

Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Make sure you select APPLY to apply the new settings. Otherwise, it will just be at it's previous state after rebooting. :tazz:

View Post

I do click apply.

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Please go here to find out if you have any malware on your system causing this! :tazz: