Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microcrap Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply

canadanabis

canadanabis

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have been using Mozilla Firefox for some time now because the good 'ol IE developed a problem that I couldn't fix. My address bar suddenly disappeared. No I can't simply right click and check off 'address bar'. Don't think I haven't tried that. It's checked off, yet it isn't there. I've tried dragging the other toolbars all over. Nothing works. Anyone got a solution for this problem?
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanx!

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Click Here download the latest version of Hijack This (1.99.1). And post the log in this thread.

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
I would try reinstalling IE

How to reinstall IE 6:

I'm not exactly sure if it's this way in english versions of XP because I am translating it from Dutch.

Start > control panel > software > add/remove Windows components > uncheck IE 6 and click next. Follow the instructions on your screen and insert the XP disc when asked to do so. Reboot and see see if your problem is fixed.

Emery.

canadanabis

canadanabis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you for the help. All that did was remove the icons for IE from my desktop and start menu. There is no way to reinstall IE6, none that I can find. I either have to stick with firefox, which is not all that bad, or I have to format. I'm too lazy to do another format, so I'll stick with firefox for now. :tazz:

The_Sloth

The_Sloth

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
To reinstall IE, just follow the same steps you used to remove it except check the box this time. After you restart go to http://www.windowsupdate.com and get all of the appropriate patches for it.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
One I lost the address bar on IE and did without for several months, Used the File button instead. All I had to do to recover it was drag the Links bar till the address bar opened up. Simple, but if you don't know any better????

canadanabis

canadanabis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz: I've dragged all the lines all over the screen, checked and unchecked every possible toolbar there. Nothing works. ;)