Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

APPLICATION ERROR MESSAGE

• Please log in to reply

CUZIN BRUCIE

CUZIN BRUCIE

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I am new to this forum so I am not sure if this is the right category to post this question.

I am getting the following error message when I boot up.

"hpqtra08.exe - Application Error"
"The instruction at "0x3a004556" referenced memory at "0x3a004556". The memory could not be read.

Click on OK to terminate the program.
Click on Cancel to debug the program.

I thought that since it refers to a memory location that it was due to a bad ram chip, I have Kingston value ram 2x512mb pc 3200 ram. They sent me new chips and I still get the error message when I boot up,

I googled the error message and saw some links where people were talking about some application errors due to the sofware or hardware for their Hewlett Pcakard printers. I have an HP 7310 All in One Office Jet printer but I have it networed with my other PC and this one through my Linksys router and I don't get the error message with that pc, although that is an AMD 2800 32 bit processor.

I am running Windows XP professional with an AMD 3500+ 64 bit processor, 1 GB of Kingston Ram, 2 SATA WD 250 GB hard drives.

If someone can help me I would REALLY appreciate it. This does not happen during program running, only when I first boot up the system and the desktop comes up.

Thank you,
Bruce

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

So, did you try un-installing and then re-installing the printer software and drivers to see if that helped??

Murray

CUZIN BRUCIE

CUZIN BRUCIE

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Murray,

No I haven't yet but will give that a try.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Bruce

:tazz: