Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Minidisc To CD ?

• Please log in to reply

hawthorn

hawthorn

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
Hi All. Hope you can help! I have recorded my group on to minidisk, and want to transfer it on to CD. I realize I have to get the tracks on to CD somehow, but don’t know how.
I do have a stereo jack to jack lead. On the MD player there is no line out, but a headphones socket, which I think will do the job, or will it?

Where do I go then? Do I need software? I have, with my soundcard, Creative Meadia Player which does give some instructions as to how to record from old LPs etc. but Im not sure if they apply to minidisc. It doesn’t actually say how to record from minidisk at all.

Finally, a really basic question I know, but where is the line in on the PC? It’s a new Dell. Lots of sockets that the jack will fit in round the back of the PC, but all different colours…. Sorry!

Any help would be appreciated.

KC

Advertisements

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
i belive you can put mini-disks in your regular CD-tom drive and copy it like that, casue most if not all CD roms have the little min circole inthemiddel that is lower then thge out side, i'd say give it a shot