Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intel 82865G graphics controller

• Please log in to reply

Seifer

Seifer

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Whenever i try running a certain game it gives me a message that says that "the game might not be consistant because agp is deactivated, and to activate it for consistancy". When i run dxdiag and clicked on display, it said "Not available" next to AGP texture acceleration. Another game told me to do this as well, but i couldnt because it said not available. I checked the intel site and it said that AGP is supported on my OS. I updated my driver and it still isnt working. What should i do?
Thanks in advance,
-Seifer

Edited by Seifer, 10 July 2005 - 04:14 PM.

Advertisements

lionelhutz5

lionelhutz5

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Hello. I have the same graphics controller, and the problem is not AGP. True, you do have an AGP slot on your motherboard, but that is used for placing a video card - for upgrading the 82865G graphics controller. Since you are using the graphics controller that came with your computer (a Dell I bet) then there is no video card, and thus nothing in the AGP slot. That is what you are getting "Not Available" - it says that on mine, too. It will only have a value there unless you install an AGP graphics card. Thus, we have eliminated that as the cause of your problem.

Now onto the solution. The game may be giving you that information because the onboard, or integrated, graphics are not enough to support the game that you are trying to play. The game may assume that in order to play the game, the user most likely has an AGP graphics card installed, but that it is disable in the BIOS settings.

If I was mistaken, and you do have an AGP graphics card, please post back.

Seifer

Seifer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for your reply. How do i check if i have one of those, and how do i check if it is disabled?

Edited by Seifer, 16 July 2005 - 03:47 PM.

lionelhutz5

lionelhutz5

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Most likely, if you do not know if you have an AGP card or not, then you do not have one. Easy: Does your computer have only one place to connect your monitor?

Or, the long ways:
One is to open up your computer and see. The other way, easier, is to go to device manager (right click my computer > hardware > device manager.) Under "display adapters," see if anything is there besides the Intel Controller. If not, then you do not have an AGP video game card. If there is, then it may be PCI.

Bl4ckDoT

Bl4ckDoT

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I know I'm posting pretty late and bumping this thread, but I just searched google and found this.
Ok well, I have the exact same problem and on dxdiag it says I don't have any AGP. I'm on windows XP, on my computer (device managers) this is my list:

I hope this helps finding the problem and fixing it. Oh and the game I play is Lineage II: Chronicle 4, when I launch the game it shows that error, I click ok...The game opens anyway but it's hard to see anything, it's very dark.

Attached Thumbnails

• 13.JPG

Bl4ckDoT

Bl4ckDoT

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Argh, can't someone help me out? I can't find any solutions... :whistling: