Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wins xp boot

• Please log in to reply

phyzie

phyzie

• Pip
  • 9 posts
hye..

recenly i had a problem with my windows xp pro sp2, it can't log in into os ..because system 32 corrupted..so it need to repair..
when i insert wins xp pro sp1 bootable into cdrom..to repair but...it can't repair or bootable from cd. the message show my cdrom have error line 512 and can't boot from cd..i have try to used 4 cd wins xp bootable but the same thing happen..so can you help me!!! :tazz:

Advertisements

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
do you get to the repair screen? I am not sure how it behaves if you have an SP2 installation while trying to repair with an SP1 disk.

phyzie

phyzie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
the message repair show before log in os...i try to repair no it can't ...when i press "r" to repair it will reboot and enter wins setup..then the messege show it have error can't boot from cd .

actually i used sp2 as a patch after i install sp1 when i format 8 moth ago....right now it want use sp1 to repair the problem...

my hard-drive have 3 partion...(C,D E)..i never format D & E since 2002..so do you think my hard-drive is crash or corrupted..

try to figure out this problem using new hard-drive but the same thing problem happen....right now i wonder maybe my mother board have a problem..

Edited by phyzie, 11 July 2005 - 02:38 AM.

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
I can't see why it is a hardware error.
can you get to the recovery console? you can run sfc /scannow

phyzie

phyzie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
no i can't find recovery console...i can't log in wins xp..i stuck at time line before log in os (XP)..

i only can go to BIOS..

Edited by phyzie, 11 July 2005 - 02:50 AM.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
press f8 when the computer starts can you try last good configiration

phyzie

phyzie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
here the messege when i boot form cd..

"unexpected error 512 at line 1768 in d:/xpsp1/base/boot/setup/arcdisp.C

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
take out the cd reboot the machine when it starts to reboot keep hitting the F8
key. This will give you a list of options try the last good configiration

phyzie

phyzie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
ok..thank you ...i will try...

phyzie

phyzie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
hye..it me again..

i have try to console recovery and choose last good configuration like you said..but the same thing happen ..my pc can't log on to os and want repair...

:tazz:

Edited by phyzie, 12 July 2005 - 08:14 PM.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
when you hit F8 it will give you the option for safe mode will this let the computer boot?
try my next tip below 1st

Edited by peterm, 13 July 2005 - 05:48 PM.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
An unexpected error has occurred. (536821760) occurred at line 1768 in D:\xpclient\base\boot\setup\arcdisp.c
CAUSE
This behavior can occur because of damaged random access memory (RAM) modules or a damaged RAM slot.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, use one or more of the following methods, as necessary:
• Remove one or more of the RAM modules in your computer, leaving at least the minimum amount of RAM required for Windows XP installation. If this resolves the issue, either replace these modules with new RAM modules or reinsert them after Setup is completed.

NOTE: Verify that your computer's performance is not affected when you reinsert the old RAM modules.

-or-
Install the RAM modules into different (unused) RAM slots in your computer.

-or-
• If you still experience problems before or after Setup, replace all of your computer's RAM modules with new RAM modules.