Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

adding a computer to a existing network

• Please log in to reply

stevecraig12

stevecraig12

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
how do I go about adding a computer to a network with all computers with other computers with xp and this one with win98, and a server with windows 2000 server edition??? I have a dsl connection and want to add dsl to this computer, and I have all cables plugged in and I still cant see the computer....what do I do now???

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
I presume you're using a router, the router actually has the DSL connection, all the computers and the router form a network. You have to download the Network Installation Wizard to a floppy from any of the XP machines and run it on the 98 machine. However some versions of 98 have icwoobe.exe, which you can run directly to connect you to a network. Just use the search function to find it and open it.

Make sure any firewalls you have allow access to your network.