Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help building laptop

• Please log in to reply

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I disagree the 6800Go Ultra has some nice power to it. I have seen benchmarks and it can stand up with most mid to higher end desktop video cards. It is like a 6600GT for the desktop.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah but only when they are appropriatley cooled they only run as fast as there temperature allows. They are also cut back in terms of features and lack the refinement of a desktop card. A 6600GT is a lower mid end card really. Although for a laptop its very good.

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
The Dell Inspiration 9300 is what I have. It gets 3 hours battery life and can play Half-Life 2 at high settings.

Note: I have the go6800 and a bigger battery.

Also, if you want to really increase your battery check ELECTROVAYA.
They make a battery pad that you plug in to the laptop that adds a ton of life.

fastandfuzzy

fastandfuzzy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Are all laptop batteries the same, can you buy just some random one or is there a specific one for every model and brand?

humorsavesmysoul

humorsavesmysoul

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
laptop batteries are not the same, and same goes for the power adapters. they have different amperage and voltage ratings...assuming they fit in the slot

Edited by humorsavesmysoul, 17 July 2005 - 11:44 AM.