Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Logo Testing in XP

• Please log in to reply

jessica84

jessica84

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Not sure if this is in the right forum and if it isn't, I'm sorry.

But Windows Logo Testing comes up and encourages me to stop when I'm installing drivers that I was once able to load (My webcam is touching and when unplugged I usually have to reinstall the drivers).

Is it safe to just bypass it or would it really do damage to my system?

Thanks,

Advertisements

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
well you can get into really complicated problems if you install it. but even though some drivers have tested by the manufacturer and work fine on XP but weren't sent to microsoft to be tested it, hence you get that message.

jessica84

jessica84

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
So what do you suggest? Not doing it? They've worked before...

bandedenculer

bandedenculer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
I'll be perfectly honest, I always ignore those messages. You can even disable them if you want, BUT do this at your own risk! If you're not savvy enough to figure out how to do this on your own, I recommend against it. Drivers that are not tested by M$ can cause your system to become unstable.

The main reason I don't care is I never have anything on my systems I don't want to lose (I backup the stuff I don't want to lose).