Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop appearance

• Please log in to reply

Kumar

Kumar

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

This is a really stupid and probably very basic question but I have tried everything. My son was trying to copy a picture from the internet and ended up syncing with the site -whatever that means. The only problem is now the desktop appearance has changed. Under each icon the print is now surrounded by a block of color whereas before the print sat on the backround picture and that block of color only showed up if for example you were trying to change the name of the icon. How do I get the color surrounding the print to go away? I already went into display and poked around and could only change the color of the offending block not get rid of it.

Help!

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Kumar

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Hmm...never heard of that happening before. Try right clicking the desktop, click properties, desktop, customize, and restore defaults. This might get rid of all your icons though, and i'm not sure if it will fix the problem. If you don't want to do that, just hang on a little longer and I'm sure someone else has a fix.

-=jonnyrotten=- <_<

Kumar

Kumar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
JR

Tried that. No such luck. I still have a block of color around my icon labels and it is really pissing me off that I can't make them go away! Thanks for the suggestion.

Anybody out there with another idea?

Kumar