Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem Playing Video from web

• Please log in to reply

HawkCode

HawkCode

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
:tazz:

On my SBC Yahoo home page theres a Today section that plays small videos, that works, however if I go to Quick Picks it can't connect. It always says the same thing.

Went to some of the other news sites and tried to play their videos. They just seem to hang.

I have Windows Media player 10 installed and I'm on a fast DSL. I can't get it to work at home or work, yet at work other people can get the same video to play fine.

This is a Toshiba Centrino Laptop with win xp Pro and service pack 2 and all recent patches applied.

Anybody have any ideas?

TIA

Rich

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
First thing, check to see what applications your firewalls are blocking, and if they are in the Media Player folder. If you're on a router, it has a firewall too, in all likelyhood.

HawkCode

HawkCode

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Firewall is not the issue... It works on other computers on the same network, both home and work. The XP FW is also disabled.

I should of mentioned I'm a programmer and had already ruled that out. Sorry.

Rich