Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem: Computer keeps Freezing

• Please log in to reply

XavierFrost

XavierFrost

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
HI, i am having an issue with my computer that is driving me crazy. THe computer, for some reason, keeps freezing up. THe video doesnt drop, but rather freezes on a particular frame. I am wondering whether this is possibly because of the video card or the hard drive. I have done spyware and virus checks, and they came back ok. Any suggestions as to whats going on, Id really appreciate some help. My specs are:

P4 3.2 ghz
AIW ATI9800 PRO 128 MB
WD 80 GB 7200 RPM
ABIT Is7 mobo
1 GB kingston hyper x ram

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Open your Task Manager and monitor it to see what proccesses are using your CPU. And review your event logs, they contain valuable clues to your computers operation.

Edited by Tyger, 12 July 2005 - 05:12 PM.

XavierFrost

XavierFrost

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Any other suggestions? I will try those things, but I'm not too sure what I should be looking for....

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Any other suggestions? I will try those things, but I'm not too sure what I should be looking for....

View Post

Anything that uses close to 100% of cpu time, except system idle process, and the logs will have "error" whenever anything isn't right. Freezes usually mean something is using 100% of the cpu's time. But what? Hangs usually mean a process isn't being completed. But Why?

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Follow Tyger advice and post any errors but could you also post the temps.

You can use Everast to get the temps, after installed open computer and click sensor, then post the temps.

Also when does this freeze most often occur? When playing a game?

Rick