Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error 126

• Please log in to reply

pokerguppy

pokerguppy

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Continuously receive Error box stating: Error. Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version. File rtl70.bpl.Error l26. How do I proceed to prevent error notification re-appearing constantly, and is there something I should do to correct error?

Advertisements

The_Sloth

The_Sloth

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
I'm not sure, but this sounds like a possible spyware issue. Go to http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html for more information.

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
"rtl70.bpl", is a runtime-library file used by applications made in Borland Delphi.
Do u have any application installed, which u think might be made in Delphi?

P.S.:
The_sloth,
U can't say its a malware issue yet.

pokerguppy

pokerguppy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have no idea. How could I find out?

pokerguppy

pokerguppy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Do you think System Restore could eliminate the problem?

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Give system restore a shot. But i dont think it will work.
If the error occurs again then; Without closing the error window, run an HJT scan.
And post the log here. We might be able to determine what application is causing the error.
If it turns out to be a malware issue. I will get the topic moved to the Malware Removal Forum.

Edited by darth_ash, 13 July 2005 - 05:09 AM.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

Do you think System Restore could eliminate the problem?

View Post

System Restore online puts the computer back abit, it wont get rid of the problem in some case's.

The_Sloth

The_Sloth

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

The_sloth,
U can't say its a malware issue yet.

I'm not sure, but this sounds like a possible spyware issue.

I never said it WAS malware, only that it was possible. I couldn't find any info on the file or extension he listed, so I figured heading him towards the Malware forum couldn't hurt. If nothing else, it would at least rule out one possibility.

Edited by The_Sloth, 13 July 2005 - 05:38 AM.

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Hello,

I have looked in to your situation and have come to a conclusion that Windows XP Repair will help you. Click Here to find out how.

Good luck :tazz:

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
paulcomputerman,
Its a foreign(not Windows') runtime library.
I dont think System Repair will help.

pokerguppy

pokerguppy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Seems as tho problem has been liquidated, though I am not sure how it was accomplished. I used myriad free programs such as Spybot SD, Ad-aware SE, Registryl Repair, Registry Defender, Spyware Doctor, Error Nuker, etc. Many strange things happened while trying to repair, including Spyware Doctor being uninstalled for no apparent reason. Also, was hi-jacked a couple times to a advertising site called something like MarketServices, though no web page came up. For the public that is not aware of it, there are many free tools available, many of them available at download.com and other sites. The information becomes available as they search multiple sites through links offered. Thanks to anybody and everybody that assisted. I learned a lot and am a little bit less green. It's nice to not feel like a total dummy. Thanks again. One more question: Do most or even some of these types of problems only occur while computer is on? Thusly, is it not smart to leave computer on while not in use, and is it harder or impossible for the problem to occur while computer is off or in Stand-by mode? I have a hunch the answer is: It depends on what is trying to invade. Any input would be appreciated.