Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Software Controlling Device in vb6

• Please log in to reply

rafu5418

rafu5418

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Posted Image

Can any one help me to solve this i will be very greate full

Edited by rafu5418, 13 July 2005 - 02:07 AM.

Advertisements

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
please do NOT double post.

I would certainly suggest that you use the parallel port instead. Programming in VB6 requires a certain .dll file so it can access the registers controlling the IO on the ports. I suggest you research on how parallel ports work, registers and electronics.

This would have a better answer if you had posted this on an electronics forum instead. Search google and you will find lots of electronics geek in forums.

For the codes, that would be better if you design it on your own.

rafu5418

rafu5418

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you,kool808

im very help full to you for your good suggestion.im on project so i need this.If you know where i can find the Diagram of transistor and separate power supply for the lamps it will help.if is there othere way i can turn off and on a lamps by parallel port then let me know,sir.

jasonharrod

jasonharrod

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Built a smart house project my last semester of college. Using serial communication to communicate with the Programmable Logic Controller we were able to do some pretty basic things like turn on and off relays, and control them with events and timers in VB6. If I remeber right the PLC had its own basic command built in to it. Good Luck with it.