Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Good Specification Games Machine

• Please log in to reply

Egorn

Egorn

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
hi there noticed a lot of people are asking about good deals and the like and to be honest with you, some of the prices your spending seems a little ludicrous!

If you want a good dealer to obtain lots of bits from, then ebuyer, overclockers, and Toms hardware are well worth checking out (Toms for tech info).

I managed to get the following spec for £735.00!!!! ( $1315.65!!!!!)

AMB Athlon (Venice) 3500 64bit Processor £180.00 (ebuyer)
1024MB Cosair 400DDR RAM £57.00 (ebay)
200GB Western Digital H/D , with 8MB Cache £59.00 (ebuyer)
256MB Nvidia Geforce 6800GT £199.00(overclockers)
LG 16X DVD ROM £15.00 (ebuyer)
LG 16x DVD RW £31.00 (ebuyer)
Abit AV8 '3rd eye' M/B £69.00 (ebuyer)
Thermaltake VA3000 Dream Tsunmai case £75.00 (micro-direct)
Q-Tec Twin Fan 550W Gold PSU £25.00 (ebay)
Labtec 485 2.1 Sub and Spkrs (1000W MPO) £25.00 (ebuyer)
All running of off 64bit Windows XP PRO

I have another 1024MB of DDR400 RAM, along with a 24 bit creative sound card, which has been put int the machine too, but the total cost of this was £735.00!! or $1315.65.

I spent months looking around for a decent set up and these were the best prices I've seen on the net.

Let me know how you get on!

Advertisements

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
very nice egorn, thanx for the info!

goes to show that spending a little time researching, watching prices, etc goes a long way.

I think most of us here are aware of that, but it never hurts to point it out in case someone doesnt :tazz: