Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HTML FORMS QUESTION

• Please log in to reply

vmcintyre

vmcintyre

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I created an HTML form and the info comes to me via e-mail and works great. I want the information that comes to me in e-mail to also go to the e-mail of the person who submitted the form. How can I do this? I only know how to get the information to myself via Submit, not also to the sender. Thanks.

Edited by vmcintyre, 13 July 2005 - 10:49 AM.

Advertisements

rulerm

rulerm

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
maybe you could have an automatic response in your email forwarding the form you receive back to the sender?

vmcintyre

vmcintyre

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I don't know how to do that. I'm just learning. :tazz:

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
Is it javascript or php?

Edited by ssone, 14 July 2005 - 02:07 PM.

vmcintyre

vmcintyre

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
At the top of the form page it says:

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="mailto:[email protected]" ENCTYPE="text/plain"><BR>
<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=2>

At the bottom of the form page it says:

<INPUT type=submit value=Send>
<INPUT type=reset value="Clear">

It's just an html page.

Does this help?

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
Does your host handle php? Is it a free host or paid?

vmcintyre

vmcintyre

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Oops... sorry. We are hosted by Interland... it's paid. :tazz: The features are all available I am quite sure.... it's just my lack of knowledge that is the issue I think. ;)

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
Then consider yourself able to do a ton more than you would using that script :tazz:

You can set up a whole automatic system where depending on the type of contact form, they'll get an auto e-mail message from you saying you will be with them shortly.

There are many other things you can do with a php form but you were saying you want the visitor to get an e-mail also.

If you want one of these forms browse the many free ones here and I can help you if you get stumped setting one up.

vmcintyre

vmcintyre

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks. I went to the page, but to be honest, I don't know how to use it. If you know of a code example that shows how to send information to the person asking and back to the e-mail of the sender, I'd be so happy. If I see it and then use it, I get it. :tazz:

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
ok, download this, then follow the installation instructions in the installation text file.

I sent you a pm with an example of this form.

Elliot23

Elliot23

• Pip
  • 4 posts
If you are paid hosted you must have php and it would be rather simple to solve your issue with form builder which you can add to your site without any problems. The advantage of this tool is that you don't need to do any coding.

lesjosh2

lesjosh2

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Is it javascript or php?

Lynxus

Lynxus

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Your best bet is to remove the method email and change it to post then have a .php script on the server that will do the email sending.

You can then send a mail to yourself anf to whoever else you like at the same time.

I dont think its possible ( or at least easy ) to do it with JS or HTML alone.

A serverside language like PHP will help a lot.

If your server supports PHP check out tizag.com and look at their php tutorials.
They are easy to follow ( i used them ) and help a lot.

Good luck