Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spy cams

• Please log in to reply

jeff1234

jeff1234

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I was looking into getting a camera of some sort for my office, (I hate thieves). :tazz:

I was looking into putting a web cam into an old puter case to hide it. They shouldn't steal a piece of crap when I have newer stuff right here.

I know web cams don't usually have the resolution for good evidence. Or do they? What kind of resolution should I look for in a web can that will take clear enough vid to give the cops? Or should I not even bother?

I would rather go with a nice camera but the cost is too much right now for me. I thought if I got a cheaper one for now, I can upgrade later. Figure that the light probably will not be that great. And something might be better than nothing.

Any suggestions or insight would be helpful. Thanks

Advertisements

The_KiD

The_KiD

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
My brother has used these in the past and says they are pretty good.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...5789220125&rd=1

THey are wireless too, so you could put it anywhere.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.x10.com/p...cf0262d42d80544 try here...there are some that are only 50 bucks

jeff1234

jeff1234

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks for the links. I am looking into it. Will let you know how it works when we upgrade.