Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2nd quest. outlook ex. never worked on my pc

• Please log in to reply

jinxy

jinxy

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
1st problem has been solved by a member. great site -thanks
my 2nd prob is. bought a pC year ago, runnning winxp. outlook never worked on it. never bothered fixing because i have other laptops to check email with. right now it says outlook express 6.0 because i tried to reinstall outlook. never worked . when i send and receive it times out.. outlook window opens fine but no email. email is verizon. anyone have any ideas to throw at me? any setting to check?.

Advertisements

cnmsales

cnmsales

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Have you tried creating a new profile?

Click on file the indetities and manage identity. The create a new one and switch to it. You then need to run through the setup wizzard.

jinxy

jinxy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
dont follow, click on file in upper left corner of internet homepage?
dont want to change email addy, will it change it?
can you be a bit more specific, sorry thanks for your help AGAIN

cnmsales

cnmsales

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Yes, open up the program internet explorer. Then click file identities, manage identities. Then create new identity.

jinxy

jinxy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
where would i find "file identities"? file in upper left hand corner does not show "identities". am i looking in wrong place? thanks

cnmsales

cnmsales

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR im sorry, today makes my day straight at work and im ting fried. I told you wrong. Please open up OUTLOOK EXPRESS and click FILE, then in the drop down click on identities and then manage identities.

Sorry again, its been a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG week.

I would however suggest you get mozillas thunderbird.

jinxy

jinxy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
this is error im getting when i try to send or receive mail..

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.verizon.net', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

any ideas?