Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

america online log files

• Please log in to reply

oswego31

oswego31

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm looking for a program that tracks (logs) all conversations in AOL. I'm trying to monitor activity on a win 98 computer.

Advertisements

cnmsales

cnmsales

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Yowuld probably be better off getting some kind of key logger program. Howr I cannot help you find ths there is no way for me to identify you as the owner of the PC. There are some out there but you have to be careful as there are those out there that come bundled with spyware.

Canoeingkidd

Canoeingkidd

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 148 posts
You should not be logging anybody's conversations unless they know about it. If you install it without their knowledge and permission you can consider it "spyware".

cnmsales

cnmsales

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Canoeing, I disagree. I have loggers installed on all my PC's, but they are MY pc's. You have every right to do what ever you want to your own stuff.

Canoeingkidd

Canoeingkidd

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 148 posts
I thought they might mean they want to log someone else's conversations....

Edited by Canoeingkidd, 13 July 2005 - 07:29 PM.

cnmsales

cnmsales

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Looks like they are wanting to log all chat going on in AOL on a windows 98 machine they have.

oswego31

oswego31

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Let me rephrase my question - Before I allow my son to log on to AOL, I would like a program that I can load on to his PC that will monitor the conversations (and maybe the websites he visits). There are a number of programs tht I can purchase but I'm looking for a recommendation. His current OS is Win 98 but it will soon goto 2000 or XP in the next couple of months.