Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help in changing ip

• Please log in to reply

Phantastik

Phantastik

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi. Recently I've been trying to find a way to change my ip because I use this chatting program called mIRC and i got banned from 1 of these channels. They banned my address and I cannot connect to the channel anymore. I dont know alot about the internet and the ip's and things like that. I am using NETGEAR wireless adapter card and the router box is in my brothers room. I am sorry if im not making sense or anything but im trying my best to explain. Thanks for taking time to read this and hope to get a reply soon.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the problem here is that mIRC doesn't ban by actual machine ip. it bans you by the ip given to your connection by your ISP. if you ever look at an irc IP it's not a bunch of numbers its a translated version of your ip. so let alone the fact that if you change the outside ip of your router (because this is the one that you would need to change) your internet wont work, it wouldnt make a difference anyway

Edited by dsenette, 14 July 2005 - 12:47 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you could go through a large process of spoofing an ip but that's illegal so don't do it

Phantastik

Phantastik

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Okay. Well thanks for trying to help anyways since its illegal I don't want to mess with anything.

cnmsales

cnmsales

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Why did you get banned? I would assume you were banned for causing problems, if so then you dont need to be trying to acess there network.

Phantastik

Phantastik

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i use mIRC to download anime when it gets released by the fan subbers and i got banned for messaging one of the operators. i learned my mistake but i want to go back in to download anime but i cant anymore.

cnmsales

cnmsales

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
So did you get banned from a server or from a channel on the server? Most the time when you are banned from a server you can ususlly go to there site and request an unbann. Also most bans are temporary.

Phantastik

Phantastik

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
from a channel

cnmsales

cnmsales

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Like i said you may keep trying back as those bans are usually temporary at least the first time around.