Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Clean Install Problems

• Please log in to reply

Stardust77

Stardust77

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have problems installing XP pro. I have got a new hdd. Booting from CD everything goes fine until "Setup is copying files completes". Then after reboot it just starts install all over again. :tazz:

The [bleep] started after i was updating Windows ME then after retsart Windows wouldnt run. After some trying it just red operating system not found and then after some more restarting it just said no fixed discs.

Hope some one can help me

Edited by Stardust77, 14 July 2005 - 03:46 PM.

Advertisements

The_Sloth

The_Sloth

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
When it reboots are you leaving the cd in the drive? It sounds like your BIOS is set to boot exclusively to the CD-ROM so it doesn't look at the hard drive for an OS. Look in the BIOS for the boot order and make sure your hard drive is enabled, eject the cd and restart. Let me know what happens.

Stardust77

Stardust77

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

When it reboots are you leaving the cd in the drive?  It sounds like your BIOS is set to boot exclusively to the CD-ROM so it doesn't look at the hard drive for an OS.  Look in the BIOS for the boot order and make sure your hard drive is enabled, eject the cd and restart.  Let me know what happens.

View Post

Thats what i am waiting for now. (Install). I will take the cd out before reboot. I have done everything the right way now too :tazz: Formated disks NFTS and am running a install right now. I could se that files have been copied on my last attempt. Because i hade made partition 35000 for windows and now when i was going to install again partition had 34485 free or something. I' Let you know how it goes in around 15 min;-)

Edited by Stardust77, 14 July 2005 - 04:03 PM.

The_Sloth

The_Sloth

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Ok, good luck :tazz: .

Stardust77

Stardust77

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have tried to run fdisk from an 98 boot disk i have. But it said no fixed disks found. I find it very strange. I have a new disk and it stands in bios...

Stardust77

Stardust77

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok man ! Thanks. Everything is working now. It actualy stood ! on my HDD in BIOS. Wich means that it wasnt booting from HDD at all. I am realy tierd now. It's 00.15 here now.

The_Sloth

The_Sloth

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Question: I thought you were installing Windows already, why are you trying to use FDisk?

Stardust77

Stardust77

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I was going to fromat hdd with fdisk before install.

The_Sloth

The_Sloth

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Gotcha, congrats on getting it working. Glad I could help :tazz: .