Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

dadduck234

dadduck234

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:D I think that I am going crazy and that my PC in the only sane person left. I turned my PC off last night and went to bed and left it alone in the dark. (bad mistake)
I got up this morning and turned my PC on and it resented being disturbed so early on a Sunday morning.
Now the it will not reconize the input from the mouse. This has gotten better as I have worked with it over the past several hours but is still acting funny. I redownloaded the mouse driver from MS. (InteliPoint 5.0) and that seemed to help but not fix the problem.
When I tried to manuver around this website the cusor would open one page and not the other. I could not scroll with the scroll bar or right click
on anything. It did not matter whether I was on line or just trying to open "control panel" the same thing would happen. Then when the cursor started to respond a little it acted like "click lock" was turned on and would not release without some effort. <_<
If anyone has any ideas I could sure use the help.
Dadduck234

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
You may just need a new mouse...

To be sure let's take a closer look at what is running on your PC. We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool (HiJackThis) and post a log back here with the results.

Click the HijackThis Guide in my signature, download it and follow the instructions in the guide.

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

dadduck234

dadduck234

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
<_< Here is the results of the HijackThis scan that you ask for. I am new to this and I hope I did this properly.
There is a program listed in my " add and remove programs" that I did not install that will not let me uninstall it. " Shopper Reports Adapter" When I try to uninstall this program nothing happens not even in safe mode.
I have the program AIDA32 that will give a complete list of everything in, on, around, over and under my PC if that might be of any help.

Dadduck234

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\SPEEDD~1\nopdb.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\BRMFRSMG.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\FlashGet\flashget.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Downloads\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.home.bellsouth.net/
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Web assistant - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A5366673-E8CA-11D3-9CD9-0090271D075B} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\jccatch.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: FlashGet Bar - {E0E899AB-F487-11D5-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\fgiebar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Web assistant - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward &Links - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cac&hed Snapshot of Page - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download All by FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_all.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download using FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_link.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Si&milar Pages - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: FlashGet (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &FlashGet (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger (HKLM)
O12 - Plugin for .bcf: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPBelv32.dll
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.napster.com
O16 - DPF: NavCab - http://www.gamextazy...r/NavOnline.cab
O16 - DPF: {02BCC737-B171-4746-94C9-0D8A0B2C0089} (Microsoft Office Template and Media Control) - http://office.micros...tes/ieawsdc.cab
O16 - DPF: {1DF36010-E276-11D4-A7C0-00C04F0453DD} (Stamps.com Secure Postal Account Registration) - https://secure.stamp...55/sdcregie.cab
O16 - DPF: {2B96D5CC-C5B5-49A5-A69D-CC0A30F9028C} (MiniBugTransporterX Class) - http://download.weat...Transporter.cab?
O16 - DPF: {4E888414-DB8F-11D1-9CD9-00C04F98436A} (Microsoft.WinRep) - https://webresponse....iveX/winrep.cab
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupd...8012.8131481481
O16 - DPF: {9F6D8A59-DD92-499D-944A-38FDB2CE46FF} (Napster download control v2.0) - http://sms.napster.c.../npdownload.cab
O16 - DPF: {BE5431D2-0F30-11D4-89D9-00C04F509C0A} (SDCInstaller Class) - http://www.stamps.co...file=stamps.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macr...ash/swflash.cab

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Your log is clear <_<

I see you have Norton Anti-virus. Are the definitions up-to-date? If so, I'd suspect a hardware problem (probably the mouse).

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
It may be a physical problem with your mouse. Have you tried to open the bottom of the mouse? You should check to see if it isn't cloded up with dirt and that the moving parts inside the mouse are there and in working order.

dadduck234

dadduck234

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have tried four differant mice, two optical and two roller ball type and the problem stays the same. I am using a Microsoft Trackball Optical as my main mouse.
I downloaded " Hot Bar " and found out that this handy dandy tool is full of tracking software and will not let me uninstall all of its options. I am trying to set XP up on my D drive that is now my C drive but I am having lots of problems with drivers. Every time I restart windows five of six pieces of hardware are found and reinstalled. I am about ready to go back to watching TV as a pastime. Seen any good soaps lately?

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

I am about ready to go back to watching TV as a pastime. Seen any good soaps lately?

<_< LOL!

I didn't see Hotbar in your Hijack This log. :D

Let's try the shotgun approach. :D We'll just throw everyhing at it.

CWShredder is the first to run. Download CWShredder to your desktop or other location. Close all browser windows, double click the CWShredder icon to run, then click the Fix -> button. When finished, reboot and run Spybot Search & Destroy.

Download and install Spybot Search & Destroy. Download and install Ad-aware. Using these two programs increases the likelihood of eliminating these spyware pests.

Using Spybot: Start Spybot S&D using the "Spybot-S&D (easy mode)" link from your Start menu . Click the Search for updates button, if any are found then click the Download Updates button. After all updates are downloaded, click the Check for problems button. When the scan is complete, place a check next to anything marked in red, then click the Fix selected problems button.

Using Ad-aware: Open Ad-Aware and use the Check for updates now link. Download and accept the latest reference file. When finished click the Start button. When done scanning, the Abort button will change to Next. Click the Next button. Right-click in the Scanning Results window and click "Select all objects". Then click the "Next" button and confirm that you want to delete the selected entries.

When finished, Reboot your computer. Finally, reply to this post with a new HiJackThis log. :D

CLICK HERE to download CWShredder
CLICK HERE to download Spybot S&D
CLICK HERE to download Ad-aware

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
I know I'm jumping in here a little late But I had one ? on what driver it installing for the mouse? some mouse will not work on just a standard windows mouse driver I had this problem with my logitech cordless mouse I needed to install there software and drivers.
<_<

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.