Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Programs Missing from Add/Remove Programs

• Please log in to reply

FeMerican

FeMerican

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Many times over the past months I've wanted to uninstall a program, only to find that it isn't listed in Add/Remove Programs. So I click Start>Programs hoping to find the Uninstall option for that program listed there, but often the program isn't listed there at all.

Several months ago I downloaded Uninstallability and Add-Remove Pro, both of which claim to overcome this problem, but they don't. The programs missing in Add/Remove Programs are also missing in both of the those.

At the moment, I'm trying to uninstall the Adblock extension in Firefox. I like the no-ads, but it's also causing freezeups. The Adblock site says to use Add/Remove Programs, but guess what... it isn't there. Nor in the other two uninstall programs.

I use Firefox 1.0.4 exclusively (never, ever open IE any more... too many meltdowns). Any ideas? Thanks a bunch!

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
To remove Adblock, open Firefox, go to Tools, click on Extensions. In the Extensions window, select Adblock and click on Uninstall.

makai

FeMerican

FeMerican

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you, Makai! Wonder why it doesn't say that in the Adblock uninstall info. Oh, well.

Dual boot Windows 98SE/XP? Wow! Never heard of such a thing, but it sounds fascinating. You must have one heck of a machine to support all that!

Thanks again!

FeMerican

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

Dual boot Windows 98SE/XP? Wow! Never heard of such a thing, but it sounds fascinating. You must have one heck of a machine to support all that!

No, the machine isn't anything special. The specs are in my signature, except the ram which is only 512meg. I just decided to keep 98 since my Quake games don't play well on XP. The 98 partition only takes 4gig of space out of my 120gig drive.

makai