Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply

Magoo__

Magoo__

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have two separate user accounts (Windows XP) for myself and one email address. Is there anyway I can set up OE to share the same info for both of my accounts? If I receive mail while on one user account that message is not in my inbox on my other user account. Same thing with my Address book - it is not shared.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
outlook tends to be very good at distinguishing between users. this is very helpful for public machines with multiple users. not so helpful for single users who for whatever reason need two logons. not sure about how OE does this but i know in regular outlook you can have your emails delivered to a .pst file instead of your mailbox (that's how i have mine set up here at work so as to keep my mail server clean) theoretically you would be able to access one users pst from another users outlook. i'm not sure if this would fix this issue, or even how OE handles this kind of thing...but maybe someone else can use this to apply some muscle

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I've used OE forever and have configured it every which way. Let me see if I have this straight...
You have one email address
joesmith @ etc.com
But you want emails to joesmith to go to two user accounts?
What would the other account be? Is there another email account?
You can export your address book if that helps.