Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Free hosting, some adverts 500mb to start

• Please log in to reply

lt b0ngo

lt b0ngo

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
My mate has a server and I'm looking at using it to host sites. At the moment each person would get 500mb of memory, freedom to do what they want on there site (this excludes [bleep] im not getting into that), they would have to arrange there own name i personally recommend .tk thats what im getting. The only thing that you would have to do is have apple or amazon AND google adverts on it. So for example apple and google or amazon and google (Any counters offers to the advert section are welcome) Anybody interested or do I have to rethink my terms?

Advertisements

bennydog

bennydog

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Im Intrested but im not to sure of putting two adverts on my site
:tazz:

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Who's going to admin the server? Why not just sell shares at cost instead of ads?

lt b0ngo

lt b0ngo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
My mate will admin shares as he as experince as he has other servers up and running. Comments like bennydog's are helpful and very much welcome. My latest idea is something like 500mb 1 advert, 1gb 2 adverts or something like this but again ideas and people saying there interested are welcome. If you want to know specs of servers ask and ill try and get what you want off my friend.

Shares properly wouldn't sell because this is the first time we will have done this so people properly wouldn't be interested in buying shares.

Last question would you prefer a little bit of forced adverts or to pay something like £2 a month?

bennydog

bennydog

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
ok 1 advert 500mb and free where do i sign up?
:tazz:

lt b0ngo

lt b0ngo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Like the enthusiasm Beenydog but my mates got to reset the server then we'll be up and running anybody else interested. By the way I'll post on this topic when there ready or message you not sure yet.

tonyj1

tonyj1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
If and when you get this going please let me know and I am interested.

lt b0ngo

lt b0ngo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Next couple of weeks mate needs to rest the server and i need to make the site then ill publish details on here about how to sign up. Whats your site going to be about just out of interest.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I would normally lock a thread like this as spam, but it doesn't appear you are doing this for profit. I will keep a close eye on this thread. We won't permit promotion of other hosting sites or packages for profit or personal gain.

logan11

logan11

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
im interested u can pm whenever its up :tazz:

lt b0ngo

lt b0ngo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Feel free to lock this if it does go against the code of the site. No this isn't done for profit just for the reason that i'm tried of no one offering above 50mb for free so I thought I would.

logan11

logan11

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
he doesn't seem to be breaking any rules, in fact, in my opinion he's offering an exceptionally good service for free.

i can't wait :tazz:

lt b0ngo

lt b0ngo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
By the way before anybody says anything the adverts are only there to cover the server and the cost of running it.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i might be interested....and as far as what i would use it for....internet storage....i can't email large files so this would help me distribute some of my tools

lt b0ngo

lt b0ngo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Internet storage would be fine but we would like to keep the number of people doing it to a min. But I'm sure we could allow you espically if for example you did a little website as well recommending what you use to help others.