Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

graphics card

• Please log in to reply

nost

nost

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
i bought a new graphics card and it wont load anything up i put my old 1 in its fine but the new 1 goes in and nothing comes up on the screen its a nvidia graphics card the old 1 is ATI rage pro 128. can someone hepl me quick Thanks nost....

Advertisements

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Have you installed the drivers for the new card ?

nost

nost

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
it wont let me install the drivers it says cannot find nvidia graphics card because the ATI 128 pro is in. windows does load with the nvidia graphics card in but you cant see anything ANY IDEAS thanks nost.

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Uninstall the old drivers (using Add/Remove Hardware from Control Panel), switch off, disconnect from the mains and remove the card from the computer. Fit the new card and switch on. Windows should detect new hardware and prompt you for where to load the drivers from. Click 'Have Disc' and insert the installation CD for the new card. You may have to browse to the folder containing the drivers for XP.

nost

nost

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
nothing comes up on the screen so i cant install the drivers any more ideas much aprreciated thanks nost.

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Have a read of this.

nost

nost

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
its ok now took the graphics card back it was faulty and got an 256 mb ati radeon very GOOD AND QUICK thanks anyway